Early Birds and Worms and StuffQ: What is the very best time to do Senior Photos?
A: The earlier in senior year you do them, the more of the year you’ll have to USE them!
- There are a multitude of banquets and celebrations all throughout senior year, many requiring one or more photos for slideshows and/or tables. Doing photos early will ensure that you have everything needed for all of these events
- Reserving a yearbook tribute page for your senior? Your senior’s school may have a pretty early-in-the-school year deadline for that!
- Thinking ahead just a little… senior photos (a print, a collage, a small album) can make a GREAT Holiday gift for grandparents, godparents, and/or other close family members or friends
- How about Holiday cards? Use a few short minutes of your senior’s photo session to get some shots of all of your kiddos and VOILA! you’ll end up with one or more great photos for your 2021 cards!
- The early bird gets the worm, you see!
A: In theory, there’s no time like the present… but…
It’s officially summer in DFW. Which means it’s hot and getting hotter! Best advice? Plan NOW for a session in mid-to-late September or almost any time in October to enjoy:
- Slightly cooler average temps but still plenty of warmth to wear those cute – or very cool – outfits
- Slightly better outdoor lighting
- Plenty of worms still available (meaning you can get your photos in time for all the things)!
A: Yes, because…
- Time flies
- Those early fall weeks WILL be popular
- The early bird gets the worm (AGAIN) – this time with regards to choice dates and planning around conflicts like homecoming weekend, sports tournaments, band contests, etc.
- Ta da!
Even if you decide upon a different direction, though, we do hope that this has been helpful to you in deciding when to do photos for your awesome soon-to-be senior!